Workshops - Bountiful Bouquets
Length - 1 to 2 days
Level - Beginning to intermediate
Sewing machine with satin stitch needed
*This is a great class for stores that carry an abundance of Jane’s FreeSpirit fabrics.
Students will combine Jane’s wonderful printed FreeSpirit fabrics with her machine appliqué techniques to create a unique, colorful and energetic floral broderie perse collage. If this class is not held in a store, Jane will bring fabrics to purchase.
PARTICIPANTS SUPPLY LIST -
• Sewing machine in good working order
• Basic knowledge of your machine... threading, tension, bobbin winding, etc.
• Sewing basics: scissors, pins, etc.
• Rotary cutter, 18” mat or larger and 24” ruler
• Open-toed embroidery foot - optional but extremely helpful, #20 Bernina
• Fusible interfacing: white, medium weight, 2 yds. (Shir Tailor by Pellon)
• Wonder Under or some kind of iron-on adhesive, 1 yd.
• Tracing paper, masking tape
• Mechanical pencils or fine permanent marker
• Craft knife with #11 blade (optional)
• Fabrics: 1/2 yd cuts of any of Jane’s floral fabrics by FreeSpirit, fat quarters of solids, batiks or Jane’s Dots for possible background and additional elements. Feel free to bring other floral or prints that you might like to use, too.
• Threads: rainbow assortments of basic threads and perhaps a few fancy ones.
• A digital camera (optional, but very useful)
Two day class add the following supplies:
• Cotton batting, masking tape, basting safety pins
• 12 weight thread in coordinating colors
• #14 and #16 topstitching machine needles
• Easy or self-threading hand needle
-Click Bountiful Bouquets.pdf for printable supply list-
THE GUILD SHOULD SUPPLY
Large projection screen
Sturdy table for projector and laptop
2-3 quilt hangers or other safe way to display quilts
2 tables for teachers use
3-5 irons and ironing stations
Electrical cords and extensions, multiple-outlet strip, adaptors, lighting (if necessary).
Plenty of workspace for each student.